Crowdfunding backers have helped many entrepreneurs successfully launch their business idea, generating in excess of $34 Billion total funds. The power of the crowdfunding platform makes it a consideration for all entrepreneurs looking to launch a product.
But, because nearly every entrepreneur is considering crowdfunding, the competition is more fierce than ever. To be successful today, you’ll need to know several key metrics. Lucky you, we’ve analyzed over 10,000 backers and $10 Million worth of pledges to bring you these key metrics:
Key Metrics You Need to Know to Gain Crowdfunding Backers:
Pledge Rewards and Donations:
- The average backer pledges $403.18.
- The optimal place to center your rewards is in the $200-$450 range.
- Large donations are also common.
- 21% of donations are between $51 and $100.
- 14% of donations are between $101 and $500.
- 49% of donations are between $11 and $50.
- Males far outnumber females in the crowdfunding world, with an 85% to 15% split.
- 30% of supporters are between the ages 18–29.
- 27% of supporters are between the ages 30–49.
- Desktop browsers still account for 62% of traffic.
- 55% of traffic from mobile devices is from iOS.
- 45% of traffic from mobile devices is from Android.
- 65% of audiences are from the U.S.
- Highly funded campaigns have seen between 3,200 and 15,000+ visitors.
- 5,000 to 8,000 unique daily visitors is standard for successful campaigns.
- 15,000 visitors indicates good reception of your campaign.
- The most effective tactics for keeping a large number of visitors include email campaigns, public relations, influencer marketing, social media, and organic outreach.
In less than 20 years, crowdfunding backers have greatly changed the entrepreneurial landscape, offering a new, highly successful way of launching and funding an idea. But, as we said before, competition is heating up — so be sure to use the data above to help your campaign get a leg up on the competition.